Six Things You Should Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
Nov 21, 2017
Nov 21, 2017
Accidents happen, it’s a fact. And when they do happen, it’s imperative that you have your car repaired so that it’s not a danger to you or anyone else you’re sharing the road with. But before you select a collision shop, there are some things you need to know. Here’s a closer look:
1. Aside from your home, it’s likely that your vehicle is the largest purchase you’re going to make in your lifetime. It’s all the more reason to preserve this investment and have your vehicle repaired by a certified body shop in Los Angeles.
2. You never want to risk driving a vehicle that may be unsafe because of damages. It could injure you or someone else.
3. Though insurance companies may recommend you have your vehicle repaired at a particular collision repair Los Angeles shop, you’re free to have it serviced at the service center of your choosing. It’s the law.
4. Just because one shop gave you a lower estimate than another doesn’t make the low-priced shop the better option. Sometimes, low estimates don’t include all of the work that is needed or don’t use the high-quality parts needed for a sufficient fix.
5. Not all collision repair shops are created equal. Look for I-CAR or ASE certification among technicians and check to see if the shop uses OEM replacement parts to separate quality shops from the questionable ones. Also, be sure to check on any warranties that are offered with repairs. Good collision repair shops usually stand behind their work.
6. Good collision repair shops around Los Angeles won’t just perform quality work at a fair price, but they’ll also help negotiate claims with your insurance company. This value-added service can go a long way toward reducing costs, streamlining repairs and minimizing inconvenience.