When you find yourself in an accident or collision, you may have a hard time knowing what to do. You may be shaken up or unable to think straight, so how can you know what needs to happen? Thankfully, we’ve got a simple checklist to help you handle everything one step at a time:
- Get off the road. Get out of the flow of traffic and onto the side of the road. The last thing you want is for a passing driver to hit you or your vehicle!
- Check to make sure everyone is unharmed. Always check on your passengers first, then check on the driver and passengers of the other vehicle. Treat any minor wounds, and do what you can for any serious injuries.
- Call emergency services. Immediately report the accident to the police, so they can send someone to help redirect traffic. If needed, call for an ambulance to help you deal with any injuries or wounds.
- Call the insurance company. They’ll take a while to get out to the site of the accident, so call them right after alerting emergency services. They’ll need to be on-site to coordinate with the police, the other driver, and the tow-truck service.
- Exchange information and document the collision. Make sure to write down or photograph the other driver’s insurance information, driver’s license, and other pertinent details. Also, get plenty of photographs to document the scene of the collision. NEVER admit fault—the police will decide who is at fault. Anything you say could be used against you should the other driver decide to sue.
- Call Network Auto Body. Give us a call and let us know how bad the damage to your vehicle is. We’ll give you a quick estimate on prices and repair time. Knowing this information will help you to decide if you want to send the car to your insurance-recommended body shop or let us repair it for you.
- Get the police report. The police report will be needed by your insurance company in order to file their report. It will also clearly define who is at fault or who caused the collision.
- Send your car to us. Once the insurance representative has filled out the required paperwork and called a tow truck, have them bring the vehicle to us. We’ll help you get your vehicle back in tip top shape, using only top-quality OEM parts rather than cheaper, knock-off aftermarket parts. Our work is guaranteed, and we ensure your vehicle is restored to the best possible condition as efficiently as possible.